Thursday, November 4, 2010

Moving Forward

I love the look on Allie's face when she sees my eyes pop open for the first time in the morning. It's like me opening my eyes is the most exciting thing she has ever seen. Today I was anxious to get her off to Mother's Day Out so that I could begin my list of phone calls. Things didn't go exactly as planned. Yesterday I found out that my insurance company wouldn't cover Cancer Treatment Centers of America in Chicago.  I was a little bummed but quickly got over it because I had a few back up plans.  Alan spoke to my doctor and he said that MD Anderson in Houston was definitely where I needed to be. He told Alan that he didn't believe there was anything else that the doctors in Arkansas could do for me.  After talking to the insurance company again this morning, I was told that they would not cover MD Anderson either. We would be responsible for 50 percent of everything out of state. Obviously that isn't even an option for us. It would be hundreds of thousands of dollars. We have decided that I am going to switch to a different doctor in Little Rock and maybe when I can get on Alan's work insurance, we may have more options. Right now we don't have any other choice. The new doctor told us that as soon as I could gather all of my files from the other doctors that he would fit me in the same day. Tomorrow we will be traveling to UAMS, Baptist in NLR, Carti and about 5 billion other places that have files with my name on them. If we can get that done, I can be seen and have a scan!  It looks like I may have an appointment Friday or Monday at the latest. On another note, I have received SO many emails, texts, and facebook messages. Everyone has been super supportive. At church on Wednesday our class made a circle around me, held one another and said a special prayer. Everyone cried but it was a good cry...like one that everyone needs to have every once in a while.  :) I'll continue when I get scan results.

5 comments:

  1. Sis, even though I knew everything in here, it is nice to read the take you have on things when you have time to sit down and write. You are my first subscribed blog ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Sweet Summer! I know your fear. I wake up and taste it everyday. I read your previous post, and I have had some computer problems. So, here I am telling you that as each day passes THERE IS PEACE that comes with it. Does it suck? YEP! Is it an AWEFUL place to be? YEP! Is there HOPE? YEP! He hung on a cross beaten beyond belief 2000 years ago!!! There is where our hope lies? Summer, we have our JESUS!! You see some may say we are dying of CANCER....SUMMER I AM TESTIMONY RIGHT NOW TODAY that I AM LIVING WITH CANCER!! Do I know how long? NOPE...but you and I have the promise..oh what a PROMISE. It is called EVERLASTING LIFE. I know WE protect the ones we love the most. I KNOW the one thing we want to protect is the babies we carried under our hearts for 9 months. Once you have gotten all your stuff, then sweetheart you will have a (PLAN). I know it feels like you have been ONCE again HIT BY A MACK TRUCK. I know the feeling when your gut just sinks. You want to say....OH GOD WHY? I have had surgery, I have done chemo, I have been burnt up with radiation, and the BEAST still comes back with a roar!! Honey, that is when we raise our torches, we face SATAN right in the face. We tell him you may have a weapon called CANCER, but we HAVE GREAT ARMOR and WE call it JESUS!! I want you to know I am here. ANYTIME! If you need to talk, cry, laugh, scream, kick, or simply just sit in silence. I do understand, I am your SISTER in this fight! I will be leaving on Sunday. Yes it is time for treatment #24...I will be back on Tuesday evening. I love you and I am praying for you and your amazing family! We CAN and WILL do this! I have a friend fighting stage IV cervical cancer, I am gonna call her. I KNOW she did treatment where you and I did last year, and SHE HAD TO CHANGE. I wont go in to much detail, but I do know she has FOUND an amazing Doctor HERE. I am getting on the phone RIGHT NOW, and I am gonna call her. You will be hearing from me. I LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU SISTER....NOW I am gonna go figure out what WRAP I am gonna wear on my head today. :)
    Lots Of Love,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summer,
    There are always options...they can do so much now. Remember there are some very good places in Memphis too, just a thought. We may not say very much, but please believe we are praying for and thinking of you. If there is anything you need or you just want to talk, or cry, or anything, please call. I'm gonna email my phone numbers to you and your mom. Love you! Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm scared too, baby girl. But I believe with all my heart that
    God will lead us thru this! I love you, Dad-

    ReplyDelete