Sunday, November 7, 2010

Fa la la la laaaa

I heard Alan coming down the stairs... "WHAT? Are you kidding me!? Summer...for real!!??" Yep, I decided to put the Christmas tree up on November 6th, three weeks before Thanksgiving. It just makes me feel good to see all the Christmas stuff and look through all of the ornaments. Alan seriously thinks I've lost my mind. He told me to take my tree out to the dog's room and let them enjoy it until a week before Christmas and then I could drag it back in. It really is way too early but it's helping to keep my mind off of things! So...we made it to the doctor on Friday. Alan got stuck in the waiting room talking to a lady that was 81 and she was going on and on about Peggy and Susie and Maxine and blah blah blah. I was filling out paperwork and Alan interrupted me and said, "Here, I'll take that up there and finish it for you."  I looked at him and smiled and told him that I was doing just fine and he could sit and chat with his new friend. I think he wanted to trip me after that. The doctor talked to us for about 30 minutes. He said they've tried everything and my body isn't responding the way that it should. Apparently what is happening is rare and the doctor said we should start praying for miracles.  :(  He feels 100 percent that MD Anderson is where I need to go. So, they are going to try and work on insurance and see if they will cover it because I have been to 5 doctors in Arkansas and nothing is working. If they cover it, that will be wonderful. If not, we are going anyway!! I am doing my scan on Wednesday at 7:30 in the morning and I have an appointment to get the results on Thursday at 12:30.  Our prayer is that the scan will show little or no cancer outside of the initial place it was detected.  My appointment in Houston will be 1 to 2 weeks away and Ill probably get the appointment date and time when I go in Thursday. I don't know if i am in denial or what because I am still feeling ok about things. The mornings are the worst but after the initial shock of knowing that I'm not dreaming, my mind starts to slowly calm down. Hopefully when I write on Thursday I'll feel much better. :)

5 comments:

  1. Summer, I love that you put up your Christmas tree! I think you should go ahead and put out all your Christmas decorations! It's a beautiful time of year and very calming and that's what you need right now. I continue to pray for you and your family and for wonderful news when you get your scan results and when you talk to the doctors in Houston. There are more advanced treatments there for you, Summer. Don't give up hope...you have treatments waiting for you and so many people praying for you! XOXO-Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! I am reading this as I sit in Chicago waiting to do all my appointments tomorrow and then off to chemo. I think puttin the tree up is AWESOME!! You go girl!! Besides all that who made all the RULES about when the right time is. MAN that is who and GOD says ENJOY your life and do what makes YOU HAPPY!! If u wanna start coloring Easter eggs in December, I SAY HECK YEA!! We LIVE in the NOW! I learn that MORE and MORE every second of the day. GLAD to hear Alan made such a good frien. LOL! I am continuing to PRAY for you and many others. My brother lost his step son Friday night to an automobile accident. He was 23 years old. YEP I am in Chicago and they are there, boy life can certainly throw some curve balls. We just once again, put one foot in front of the other!
    Lots of HUGS...
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas!! I think Christmas is worth celebrating ANY month of the year! I am loving that you are putting up your tree and I can't wait to come over and see all of your decorations :) Lots of love and prayers,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Summer,
    It's good to read updates and your positive attitude. The stores and malls are putting up Christmas decorations, so why not? Tell Alan not to be a Bah Hum Bug!!
    The Great Physician is watching over you and all
    things are possible thru Him. Keep believing and
    we are all praying for you. You can lick this.
    Love you,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda is right The Great Physician is watching over you I love christmas decs too!!! I am going to join you and putting up my tree today!! God bless your sweet soul summer!!!

    ReplyDelete