Thursday, November 11, 2010

Finally...I Can Breathe

I am so sorry that it has taken me so long to update. The day started off great! A lady from my insurance company called to tell me that they would cover MD Anderson! It was such a relief. I was in Panera with my mom eating lunch and I could hardly eat because I was so excited! After the good news I was feeling all happy with myself. My appointment with the doctor was at 12:30 and we waited and waited and waited. I couldn't decide if I wanted to scream or cry or laugh because I was so tired of sitting waiting for my name to be called. The nurse finally called us back about 2:45 and we had to go through the normal routine of pointless chit chat. Finally I stopped her and said, "I can't wait any longer! Please, please get the doctor and tell me the results of my scan!" About 3 hours after my appointment time, the doctor finally gave us the news. The cancer hasn't spread to any of my other organs. This is what we have all prayed for. I knew that the cancer had returned but we weren't sure if it had spread. The doctor said that the cancer has formed into a mass but the pet scan was unable to determine the size of it. So....even though this is awful, it's the best that I could have wished for. We are going to Houston Monday and will be gone for the week. It's going to be busy but I am anxious to get there and get started. We've planned a little shopping trip and a couple of restaurants that I would like to try if I feel up to it. I figured we could make the best out of a bad situation. I'm looking forward to the week ahead. Allie is going with us so we can all be together and we got a house sitter to take care of things here. Hopefully I wont think of anything else to worry about between now and then.  Thank you all so much for praying!

4 comments:

  1. Summer, that is awesome news!!! MD Anderson is going to take great care of you - I know several people here who have family members that are currently going or have gone there and they all say they are the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!!! Thank you LORD!! I have been thinking so much about you! I am home bouncing back from my treatments, and as of now. NO EVIDENCE OF DISEASE...YIPPPEEE....that is WHERE you too are gonna be Summer. YES, make the BEST of a bad situation. I treat my trips to Chicago like a SPA...I get massages, we try varieties of restaurants. MMMMMMM...sometimes even (ROMANCE)....LOL...We just keep on keeping on sister. I love you and continue to PRAY!!!

    Lots OF LOVE,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. What GREAT news, Summer! Stay positive and know you're in the BEST hands with GOD and the doctors at MD Anderson! You Can Do It! Keep the updates coming! Continued prayers for you and your family!
    XOXO-Marie

    ReplyDelete