Monday, January 24, 2011

Feeling Like Myself Again

Well, I survived the first week! It was tough and there were a couple of times when I threw myself a pity party and decided that I couldn't do it, but I finally got over the slump and pulled through the rough days.  I was pretty sick the entire week and felt like I was constantly taking Tylenol pm or something. Just when I thought that I wasn't going to be able to do it any longer, I woke up today feeling great! Mom came over and cooked some greens (lol) and we put up laundry, talked and played with Allie. I had a doctor appointment at 5 to check my bloodcounts after chemo and to get results from a CT scan that I had on Friday. All of my counts were under normal and if things continue as they usually do they will drop more next week. Last spring when I had a CT scan it came back normal. In October, I had a PET scan and it showed a tumor as well as other cancer cells. The CT scan I had on Friday showed nothing. Obviously the CT doesn't show the same things as the PET scan. It kind of confuses me especially when a surgeon went in a month ago and saw the tumor but it didn't show up on this scan. :(  So, that kind of felt like a waste of time but we will keep on keeping on! The last round of chemo my hair fell out about 14 days after the first treatment. It's been 7 and I've given my hair the hard pull test and it's still hanging in there but my eyelashes have started falling out. During chemo last time I had 4 eyelashes left and I put mascara on those four lashes every single morning for 9 months :). Everyone told me to pull them out but I was too proud of them!!

So many of you have written me about the dog eating my breakfast and how funny it was.  Let me back up some for those of you that I don't talk to every day. Dogs are my world but for some reason the last two weeks I have had super bad luck with them. Here is the timeline. Thursday, one of our basset hounds unexpectedly passed away. Friday, while coming home from dinner, my car went BUMP BUMP BUMP and Alan and I looked at each other trying to figure out what happened. I wasn't sure if I hit a pot hole or ran into another car or what. The front of my car was completely torn up so we circled the block and got back on North Hills looking for evidence of what could have gone wrong. Off in the distance, we saw a Lab running around. He was fine but I had hit him. So at 9:00 pm it was 30 degrees outside and I am chasing this dog around the neighborhood trying to make sure he is ok.  I didn't want him to get away because I wanted to find his owner.  I am thinking of course he isn't coming to me, he doesn't know me. I figured, well, most dogs have two syllable names so I'll just call the dog with a two syllable noise and it might come. I followed that darn dog for 30 minutes calling, "Huh Huuuuh...Huh Huuuuuh".  Finally I got to the dog and it trusted me enough for me to reach its tag. Of all two syllable great dog names, his name had to be Beau! No wonder he wasn't falling for my call, he probably thought I was a nutcase chasing him around calling him like that. The following night when I went out to feed my two dogs, my other little basset, Lucy, starts convulsing and throws up all over my favorite Toms.  So...to top the week off...the other dog eats my breakfast! ;) You win some, you lose some!

1 comment:

  1. Checking in on you and praying that you were able to soak up as much sunshine as possible today! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete