Monday, January 17, 2011

The Time Has Come!!!

When I was little my mom used to curl my hair with rollers and as soon as she got done I would run to the bed, mess it up as much as I could and hide under the bed. I hated it so much that I wouldn't come out until she found me and pulled me out with me kicking and screaming. That is EXACTLY how I feel this morning. lol.  I don't want to go and my mind keeps trying to think of some way to get out of it.  The last time I had chemo it was at a different office with different doctors, nurses and procedures. Today I don't know how things will work and I'm so nervous. Will the nurses be nice or cold and pushy? Will they understand if I feel like I'm going to pass out or will they brush it off and tell me I'm fine? So many thoughts are running through my mind. I want to know what its like and get comfortable before I'm forced to laugh at someones story, hear about the kids or talk about where I am from. The funny thing is that today should be the least of my worries. This week I get to see what the rest of my life is going to be like! Normally the third day is the worst and things slowly lighten up. When I did chemo on Monday things started going downhill late Tuesday night and Wednesday was horrible! I gotta get going...2 hours until time. Please pray for me today and especially for the days to follow.

2 comments:

  1. Thinking of you today as you start this new chemo journey. Hope that everything went well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that your day went better than expected. I remember those days, I got chemo three times a week, Friday was the long day, 8 hours. Sunday was my downhill day. I wished you had my nurses, they were the greatest, lovable, caring, compassionate and funny. I went to LR Hem/Ono at Springhill with Dr Mendleshon. Krista (breast cancer survivor) and I pray for you and your family daily. YOU CAN DO IT. All things are possible with GOD, you know that. Love in Christ, David Geran, member PHBC

    ReplyDelete