Monday, December 13, 2010

The Countdown Begins

Well, I'm getting down to the last days before the big day. Things have been so wonderful lately. I took a trip to Branson with my mom and we shopped and shopped and shopped. It was the best time that I have had in months. We celebrated Christmas yesterday and it was amazing. Friends from facebook posted messages throughout the day wishing me a merry Christmas. It actually felt like it was Christmas day and that we weren't even celebrating early. Everyone has been so supportive and are praying continuously. Some old friends from high school got together and surprised me with a gift last Thursday. I was shocked for hours because some of the girls I haven't talked to in at least 10 years. Everyone is so thoughtful and it's just amazing that so many people would come together and do something so great for me. I have had lots of time to come to terms with things and it has been easier the last week or so. Yesterday and especially today the nervousness has set in. I had my pre-op appointment Friday and the doctors went over every step of the surgery. They told me that I may wake up with an epidural to help with the pain for a couple of days. I am beginning to feel a slight bit of panic but know that it will be over soon. This is my last day to eat so my husband and I are planning to go to dinner with some great friends. I feel like this is really my last day to be the old me. No matter what the outcome may be, I will be a changed person when I wake up. Either I will get through the surgery and begin the recovery process or I will wake up to discover that I need to start figuring out another plan. I have to be in the hospital at 6 am on Wednesday and if everything works out I should be in surgery until 8 or 9 Wednesday night.  My sister is going to keep my blog updated while I am away.

7 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had a great Christmas. I look forward to reading up on you Wednesday and I pray for success and a speedy recovery! You know you are one of my most favorite people Merf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're amazing family and friends are your blessings and strength from God and they, along with Him, will get you through anything! I pray for you and your family every day and I will be checking-in daily for your sister's updates. God has His arms wrapped around you and your family, Summer! I am praying for a speedy recovery for you and a clean bill of health! I'm so glad you all had a Merry Christmas! Love-Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read your blog for the 1st time summer, i will say a prayer tonight for you and your family, and i hope the doctor comes back with good news after the surgery, some of us never know how strong we can be til strong is all we have left.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Summer there is one thing that come to my mind after reading your blog and it's this. Philippians 4: 6-7
    Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.


    Also Jeremiah 29:11
    "For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and future.

    Exodus 14:14
    The Lord will fight for you; you need only be still".

    These are a few of my favorite and ones that I read to be reminded of our Lords presence daily. I will be praying for you
    and your family. I've thought about you many times and feel certain you are doing our lords work in such a way that your not even fully aware that you are. By allowing the lord to work through you and putting your faith in him you are displaying what an awesome disciple of Christ you are. Thank you for showing us all how to use that faith. Blessings and peace to be with you! Brandy Watson Amberg

    ReplyDelete
  5. Summer,

    My prayers are and have been with you and your family. I always find comfort in Psalm 121. It is really special to me as it is the one my mother and I shared. God will be holding you tight.

    With love in Christ,

    Ellen McLemore

    ReplyDelete
  6. Summer I am so glad u had a very merry Christmas in Sunday... it has been at least 4 years since I saw u but I'm so glad for fb and blog!!! God will take care of u!! I have been thinking about u as u prepare for this I have no words to describe how much I admire your strength...continue to be strong in the morning:)

    ReplyDelete