Tuesday, April 12, 2011

PET Scan Update!

Well...I had chemo first and while I was asleep they called me up front to see the doctor. He came in and just sat staring at us. I said, "OK, Let's get to it! Tell me about the scan...I can't wait any longer!" He just stared at the paper and handed it to us. His phone rang and he walked out for a minute. The bottom line read "No evidence of local recurrence, metastasis, or other significant abnormalities identified." The doctor came back in and told us that he was on the phone with the doctor at the PET Imaging Clinic. He said that he wanted to talk to the doctor there to see who read the scan because he just couldn't believe what the results were. We couldn't believe it either. We all just sat there looking at each other. Four months ago I was sitting in the same chair crying because I have stage IV cancer that has no cure. Right now we are going to continue with the same schedule. Chemo every other week and another scan in three months. The scan doesn't mean that the cancer is totally gone, it means that the tumors are gone and there aren't enough cells there to show up on a scan. Last time I had a tumor the size of an egg on the scan. My doctor that did my surgery did a physical exam and could actually feel the tumor so we are going back to see him soon to do another exam. We just pray that his exam matches the scan....that he cant feel it because its not there! Overall, I know that I'm not totally cured, but I can rest knowing that things seem to be getting better! My dear friend Brad sent me a text this afternoon that said, "There's not a cloud in the sky today, Summer. Gray skies are clearing up." I loved it. :) Thank you all so much for praying! This is amazing!

10 comments:

  1. "Never place a period in your life where God meant to place a comma." God is so awesome! And I am so thankful He is showing us that with Him all things truly are possible! I will keep praying!! Good news! Love ya Cuz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you too! Feel like I'm dreaming or something. It just hasn't hit me yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So thrilled and thankful!!!!! We will all keep praying!!
    Lauren Eagle Walker

    ReplyDelete
  4. Continued prayers for you and your family, Summer! I am thanking God for this wonderful news! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Summer.. not sure you will remember me, we used to play Bunko together..(friend of Amber Stallards)& we are actually semi neighbors on Red River. Amber has kept me updated on your progress but I have never read your blog until today.. and I can say I no longer have make-up on at work.. :) First.. PRAISE GOD!! what an amazing report! Your strength and tenacity is such an inspiration. My mom went through Chemo & Surgery 2 years ago for Breast Cancer...I understand "chemo brain" and your stories made me laugh and cry at the same time. You sharing your story/blog truly puts life into perspective and sometimes we don't understand the Why's but God is using you in HUGE ways to encourage others. I am sending your blog on to some of my "prayer warriors" at our church and know God will continue to lift your family up. Keep on Keeping on Girl!! Bliss Beeman

    ReplyDelete
  6. God does answer prayer! Wow Wow Wow! I'm thrilled for you and your family. Krista

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all so much for the encouragement! It feels so good! Bliss, of course I remember you...I'm happy to hear from you and thank you for continuing to pray!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful news - continuing to pray!

    Cxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so HAPPY for you!!! God is so awesome! Thank you for being an example of strength and love. Many Blessings to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you LORD, oh what great news during this wonderful lent season! I have happy tears for you that keep pouring down. Summer, thank you for being so transparent in your life. Praise you father!!! Praise!!! Continued prayers and I can't wait to send this update to my prayer warriors and update them all. Blessings to you and your family!!'

    ReplyDelete