Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Another Surprise

Yesterday was the day. My alarm went off at 7:00 and I rushed out of bed. Alan was called into Allie's room at 2 am so I had to go wake him. "Alan....it's 7." Ten minutes later I tell him that it's 7:10. This goes on for about 20 more minutes. I was pacing the floor because it was the day for my tests once again. He gets in the shower just as slow as he can and stays FOREVER! Finally I went downstairs and turned the kitchen faucet on full blast hot water and went up to our bathroom and turned them both on hot too. I didn't want to nag him so I decided that maybe he would just run out of hot water. lol. We got to the doctor and I was told that it would just be a consultation but he decided to go ahead with the exam the same day. I didn't want to do it but was relieved about not having to worry with another morning of pacing around. So, long story short, he found a small tumor on my bladder and I am having surgery tomorrow morning to remove it. I just sat there like he was explaining to me how to get to the mall or something. I was surprised even though my PET scan picked up something little in that area. I will have it removed tomorrow and then they will be able to tell if it's more of the same cancer that has spread to that area or if it's nothing at all. I've convinced myself that it may be scar tissue from radiation but I guess he would've told me that if that's what it was. I probably wont get the results until a few days after the surgery. I will say that if this turns up as something I am just going to feel DONE! I don't really know how to explain what that means other than I'll want to check out from reality! I'll post when I know more. :'(

No comments:

Post a Comment