Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Eggs Anyone?

So, where have I been in the last month and a half? Many of you have asked me that question and then I stand there looking crazy because I just don't have a clue. Time seems to fly but when I think back nothing exciting comes to mind. In my last post I mentioned adopting a little dog from the Humane Society. She was in horrible condition but I was ready to save her. She didn't feel well and liked sleeping and being a vegetable so I thought we had something in common. Well, I got her on Thursday, named her Ruthie and then she died on Saturday! I mean...REALLY? I chuckle a little now, not because she died...that's really sad, but because how in the world does this happen THREE times in a row!??!? Alan took her to the vet and came back and looked at me and said, "Ummm...Seriously Summer...no more dogs!" If you invite me over, get a sitter for your dog first..I somehow seem to have an effect on the well being of dogs.

Treatments are still going. Sometimes good and sometimes not so good. We still go every other Monday and every Sunday night I start getting that feeling of standing in front of ten thousand people and not knowing the speech I need to present. My stomach just turns thinking about it. The doctor talked to us last month about the follow steps of my treatment. He told us that he was thinking of three steps and step one would be really long. Step one being chemo every other week, probably for about another year. He didn't touch on the last two steps but I think one is going to be the recommendation of surgery again. That's just something I don't even want to consider at this point. I think about being on the exam table last time and being 30 seconds away from that surgery and the doctor just happened to take a biopsy in the exact right place that called the surgery off. What were the chances of that happening!? Had he of picked another spot to biopsy it probably would've been negative and my life would be changed forever because he would've gone ahead with it all. I feel like I had the chance for that and it wasn't meant to be. I have had several more blood transfusions and they seem to help but only for about a week. They help with muscle cramps, headaches, and the tiredness but as soon as chemo comes back around I'm back to the same ole blahness. I've noticed that it helps to look forward to small events or holidays. It gives me something to count down and I get excited about family and making dorky desserts and pretending like everything is SO exciting for Allie.  

I continue to be completely exhausted and sometimes I am okay with it and sometimes I want to bash my head through the wall! Allie still wants to play ALL of the time. I've finally figured out that playing vet or tornado are the easiest. In "Tornado" I pretend to be a tree that got knocked over and it seriously gives me about ten minutes to close my eyes and do nothing. In "Vet" I'm just a sick bird, dog, cat or elephant and do the same and if I'm not ready to get up I just pretend to have another illness. It's seemed to work so far. :) She'll figure out my tricks soon! She's growing so fast and I see myself so much in her...right down to her hard headed attitude.

 A couple of weeks ago I forgot to take one of my medications. About 9 pm, Alan and I decided to eat breakfast for dinner. He set off for the store and I played on the internet for a few minutes. When he got backed he yelled for me to do biscuits and he would do the eggs and bacon. So, off I went. I was starving and it looked soooo delicious. He fixed our plates and I got Allie's biscuit all ready. Allie and I set off for the dining room...I had her plate and mine (lots of eggs) and my bottle of Gatorade, of course. Apparently Alan yelled, "Did you get paper towels? SUMMER, Did you get paper towels!?" With no response he rounded the corner and saw me falling with eggs in action. Up went the plate and down came the eggs...all over me as I flopped around in the jelly and whatever else stuck to me. About 30 minutes later, I woke up in a chair with different clothes and Alan yelling, "SUMMER, DRINK THIS! DRINK THIS!" LOL. I wanted to punch him when I saw a bottle of Gatorade being forced in my face. I'm going to the doctor Thursday for that and I pray that we can get it all worked out. I think that may be the worst part of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment